Hrvatsko zagorje, the green pearl of Croatia, once a "countryside weekend area" for the Austro-Hungarian nobility, today a region of enjoyable scenery and rich history.
Zagorje will warm your hearth and nourish your mind.
- The region of small villages, vineyards, castles and manors
- People are hospitable; the air is clean and the food is excellent
- Churches which were known to the medieval pilgrims
- Legends and stories will fascinate you
- Breathtaking beauty inspired the poet A. Mihanović, who wrote the Croatian anthem
- Many spas and numerous springs of hot, healing water
- Small hills are heaven for hikers and climbers
- Ivancica mountain hides the remains of Knights Templar
- Region of rich history & birthplace of many famous politicians
- The excavation site of the Neanderthal men
The neighboring area Medimurje is loveable just like Zagorje:
- Excellent wine, including wine from frozen grapes
- Rich history
- Hospitable people and peaceful area.